Nagoya Castle | JAPAN CASTLE history oshiro guide site

?​​

HOME > Nagoya Castle

Nagoya Castle

■■■画像名■■■
【 Hokuriku ・ Tokai 】 area

■■■画像名■■■

Structure, the history, charm of Nagoya Castle

Nagoya Castle is a castle (Flatland Castle) which was in current Naka-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi of Japan

" Yanagi no Maru " which Ujichika Imagawa built to advance to Owari in the first half of the 16th century is considered to be the origin of Nagoya Castle. It is thought that " Yanagi no Maru " existed in the Ninomaru whole area of the later Nagoya Castle. In 1532, Nobuhide Oda deprived " Yanagi no Maru " from Ujitoyo Imagawa and changed the name with Nagono Castle. Later Nobuhide moves to Furuwatari Castle, the Nagono Castle became the castle of Nobunaga, but was assumed an abandoned castle because Nobunaga moved his base to Kiyosu Castle in 1555.
The Kiyosu Castle was the center of Owari for a long time, Ieyasu Tokugawa who won Sekigahara battle enlarged the old site of castle and gave it an order for construction of this castle, and the daimyo 20s of the Saigoku including Kiyomasa Kato was concerned with construction of New Castle. A large Castle Tower was completed by 1612. And, completed the Stone Wall in a total of 5,580,000 persons of construction carriers in only less than one year.
The move of cities from Kiyosu to Nagoya was performed during from about 1612 when allotment of grounds, the town quota of the Nagoya Castle downtown area was carried out, to 1616 when Yoshinao Tokugawa moved to Nagoya Castle. This migration was called "Kiyosu Goshi", it was a thorough thing that not only the vassals and the townspeople, but also 110 shrines and temples and the Small Castle Tower of Kiyosu Castle move to.
As for the structure, Ofukemaru surrounds northwest, Nishinomaru in southwest, Ninomaru in southeast around Honnmaru in typical 『 Teikakushiki Hirashiro 』. Furthermore, Sannomaru surrounds it from the south to the east. The west and the north were defended by Mizubori (existence) and a meadow. At the south and the east Very large Sannomaru surrounded Ninomaru and Nishinomaru, and constituted an outer fence protected in large dried foss and Mizubori of the outside width. It was used as a castle of the Owari Tokugawas 17 generations who was one of Tokugawa Gosanke until the Meiji era. In 1634, Iemitsu Tokugawa drops in in the middle of a visit to Kyoto. In 1865, 14s general Ieshige Tokugawa stayed at the Honmaru Palace in the middle of a visit to Kyoto.
 Currently, the Golden Dolphin nominated for a large Castle Tower is symbolized as not only this Castle but also the Town of Nagoya.

Map

Other Photograph

3-Nagoya1
3-Nagoya2
3-Nagoya3

3-Nagoya4
3-Nagoya5
3-Nagoya6

SALE LIST

books

Book-3-Nagoya-Castle
3:Nagoya
Price:$17.00


PageTop




SALE SALE
HOW TO ORDER HOW TO ORDER REVIEW
SUPPORT SITE MAP